Becoming The Parent You Want to Be (Attachment Theory in Practice) (1)
Time & Location
About the Event
The dates for this workshop are:
May 25th 10:30-2:30pm
June 8th 10:30-2:30pm
June 15th 10:30-2:30pm
This 3 day workshop will include lectures, handouts/worksheets and group sharing and discussion in the following areas:
1. An in-depth exploration of the basics of Attachment Theory, based off the work of psychologist John Bowlby. Understanding the human drive for connection and how to use this drive to create a stable, happy family. Gain a deeper understanding of the different types of attachment, the spectrum that most of us fall onto and how this understanding helps us have more fulfilling relationships as adults.
2. Explore your own childhood experiences to gain awareness of YOUR attachment style, to help you better understand your challenges as a parent.
3. Dive into your parenting techniques and learn how you are already encouraging Secure Attachment, as well as the places where you can adjust for stronger connection. Deconstruct your ideas of perfectionism and the pressure to "do it right or your kid will be screwed up for life."
You will leave this workshop:
- Empowered to step confidently into parenting in a way that works for you
- Able to easily recognize calls for connection and how to respond
- Free from the shame and guilt that weighs down your attempts to be a "conscious parent"
Limited space available - sing up soon!
- Early Bird$49$490$0
- Two Ticket discount$82$820$0
- Regular Admission$57$570$0